Ceil Schneider Randell is the founding principal of Ceil Schneider Randell P.A., a law firm based in West Palm Beach, Florida. She concentrates her practice in all aspects of estates and trusts including probate, the administration of estates and trusts, the preparation of wills and trusts, contested estate and trust matters, trust modifications, charitable giving planning, and related business matters. She routinely represents individuals, as well as local and national trust companies, on a range of estate and trust matters. In addition, she serves as Florida counsel on ancillary probate matters for law firms throughout the country.
Ms. Randell earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and a Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School. She holds a Certified Financial Planner © Certificate and is licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Florida.
In addition, Ms. Randell holds the Accredited Estate Planner ® (AEP®) designation from the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils. The AEP® designation is a graduate level specialization in estate planning, obtained in addition to already recognized professional credentials within the various disciplines of estate planning.
She originally practiced law in the New York metropolitan area and, thereafter, held positions as the Southeast United States Regional Planned Giving Manager for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Vice President and Private Client Advisor at SunTrust Bank, Vice President and Senior Fiduciary Officer at Brown Brothers Harriman Trust Company of Florida, and was affiliated with the national law firm of Kaye Scholer, LLP.
An active member of the professional and civic communities, Ms. Randell is a member of the Real Property and Probate sections of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Florida Bar, and the American Bar Association, past member of the Professional Legacy Advisors Network (formerly PAC) and Steering Committees of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Past President of the Planned Giving Council of Palm Beach County, past member of the Tax Institute of Palm Beach, Past President and current member of the Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council, current member of the East Coast Estate Planning Council, past editor and contributing author to the Estate Planning Supplement to the Palm Beach Daily News, past member of the Board of Directors of Temple Beth Am, Jupiter, and current member of the National Council of Jewish Women.
Ms. Randell holds a Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney rating by her peers. She has been recognized in the September 2019 issue of Palm Beach Illustrated as a Top Lawyer in Trusts and Estates.
❖Brooklyn Law School Juris Doctor 1984
❖ State University of New York at Stony Brook Bachelor of Science (Biology) 1981
❖Brandeis University 1997-1978
Bar Admissions & Certifications
❖ State Bar Admissions: New York 1985; New Jersey 1988; Florida 1996
❖ Federal Bar Admissions: New York Eastern & Southern Districts, New Jersey
❖ Certified Financial Planner™ Certificant 2002
❖ Accredited Estate Planner® Designation 2012
Professional Association Memberships
❖ Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council (President 2006-2007)
❖ Planned Giving Counsel of the Palm Beaches (Past Member & President 2005-2006)
❖ American Bar Association
❖ The Florida Bar
❖ Palm Beach County Bar Association
❖ Palm Beach Tax Institute (Past Member)
Civic and Community Associations
❖ National Council of Jewish Women, Palm Beach Chapter
❖Speaker: Wills on Wheels: A Joint Pilot Project of the RPPTL Section of the Florida Bar Association & Legal Aid Society
❖ Professional Advisory Committee – Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County (Past Member)
❖ Steering Committee – Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County (Past Member)
❖ Temple Beth Am, Jupiter FL, Director 2012-2014
❖ Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council Supplement Story Editor, 2003 & 2004
❖ Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council Supplement Articles Reviewer, 2003 to Present
❖ Commission For Jewish Education of the Palm Beaches, Director 2002/2003
- When You Are Left Holding the Bag – Planning Issues for All Life Partners, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Newsletter, 2011
- New Opportunity & Flexibility Under the New Florida Trust Code, Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 1/2007
- Navigating the Menu of Homestead Exemptions, Limitations & Protections, Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 1/2006
- Questions and Answers For Individual Trustees, Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 1/9/2005
- Art Collecting Is Your Passion, But What Say Your Children: Estate & Tax Planning Techniques To Preserve Your Collection Intact, South Florida Times Magazine of the Arts, 4/2004
- The Other Estate Planning Documents: Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 1/11/ 2004
- Hedge Funds & The Fund of Funds Approach: Alternative Investing For The Sophisticated Investor, Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 1/13/ 2002
- Private Client Advisor: Right Privilege Or Necessity For The High Net Worth Client, Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 1/21/2001
- Charitable Gifting of Your IRA: Palm Beach Daily News Estate Planning Supplement, 2/20/2000
500 South Australian Avenue * Suite 600 * West Palm Beach * Florida 33401